Monday, February 13, 2006

Misinformed



Have you ever been woken up at 6:30 am by the roar of a 4 wheeler going by your tent? Instead of spending the weekend in lovely Pismo Beach where I thought I was going, I was actually at Oceano Dunes Recreational Area. And I thought I would be laying out on some awesome beach. ha!

Jeff nicknamed it the "Redneck Riviera" and commented that this past weekend was the "Most Redneck" weekend he'd ever spent. I wish I could have said the same.

This picture doesn't show that the beach is right there, but it didn't really matter that the ocean met the sand since the area where one would sun themselves was instead a highway of ATVs, large trucks, and RVs. I never thought I'd be driving my new car on the beach, but I was mistaken. Despite my lack of love for camping and four wheeling, it was a fun weekend filled with good people; don't get me wrong...I had a good time. It was just VERY different from what I thought it would be.

1 comment:

Steph said...

My cute red car was having problems last summer so I got a 2005 toyota corolla...and I LOVE her. I miss the times that the Honda and I had together, but the Toyota is SWEET!!!

Any fun plans for v day?