Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Monday, July 25, 2011
1. Dorian's cowboy recitation of "Square Dancing on My Heart" at Duck Deli
2. "Just Dance"...but not with the yellow controller... for HOURS... never got old
3. Mauri's photo shoot
4. Watching Kristine, Scott, and Christian work out while the rest of us ate breakfast
5. The video sent to our iphones of Vicki running and (trying to) jump on Shamu while Michael moves it out of the way!!!
6. Cruzin' to Duck and crankin' the tunes!!!
7. Norfolk Costco reunions with other 'Mormon Ducks'
8. Dance Parties galore til 3:00am!! Including spontaneous new dance moves such as the "Don't Stop Believing" group sit
9. Karaoke!! Don's Backstreet Boys backup dancers (Wendy, Kristi, & Alicia) and adoring crowd of female groupies
10. Double dream hands & feet dance by everyone in the house at once! shoulder. chin. shoulder, shoulder, shoulder...
11. Trying to build a beach pyramid with sunscreen lathered bodies
12. Toothpicks. Diver down. SAFETY FIRST!!! Carrie's epic fake-out bumping Scott out of the game & Anna getting pushed back in again, and again. SAFETY FIRST!!!
13. Scrum on steroids--Rita not being able to remember to let go of the cue ball
14. Ultimate Frisbee intimidating kick-off dances and goal celebrations
15. Dance prison--how was that Travis!
16. Alicia and Boone's eye of the tiger Rocky routine--complete with arm-chair cover & killer punches
17. Spencer's "hit me baby one more time" dedicated to Wendy (kinda freaky)
18. Brett's black man's hair
19. The birth of the best dance move ever...the jumping shimmy (perfected by Jen) :)
20. Scott's "chicky chicky parm parm" and more of his and Vick's Porter-isms and abbreviations
21. 3am viewing of Tom Haverford's food names...over, and over, and over.
22. "What you ought to know" celeb viewing
23. Rook tourney until the wee hours complete with pu-pu-pu-pu-poker faces. Or not.
24. Patti Papsicle and her many expressions of surprise. "Yeah, I was supwised."
25. Travis packing heat on his swim trunks!
26. Culinary genius of the meal leaders and their crews--pistachio salmon, margarita chicken, kabobs, mexican corn, breakfast blankies, brown sugar bacon, and who knew so much could be done with pre-birds??
27. Hot tub confessionals. (Brett's specialty).
28. Beach cruisers and long walks...
29. The "No Recording" sign outside our house.
30. Tons of toe trauma--including Brett jack-knifing his foot
31. Flying fighting kite, puzzling and riding house bike with no theft
32. Boogie boarding catching some totally awesome waves in the warm ocean
33. Trying to take the raft and oars out past the waves and getting pummeled!
34. Chasing crabs and being brave with Alicia to let them walk on our feet...Todd trying to be brave and then giving up and screaming like a girl
35. Pool play, pink floaties, watermelon, toothpicks and Shamu not to mention the subterranean divers
36. Martha Washington up-do contests in the hot tub
37. Patti singing "You Shook Me All Night Long"--OPERA STYLE
38. Watermelon Pool Scumming--including the opposing teams' clever strategies of "7 minutes in heaven" & "wedgies from hell"
39. Rob K's flash demonstration of why his chest doesn't look like the house owner's picture
40. Scott making wind for Alicia's hair with a cookie sheet during her celine dion cover debut
Thursday, July 21, 2011
I put up a date idea a few weeks ago and had some guy send me a message saying that he was interested in my date idea. The conversation that followed totally made my day:
Me: Hey there! Still want to check out the Cloisters?
Him: sure. why not? what sort of serious faith do you have that fits into other?
Me: Are you asking me what religion I am? I'm fairly sure you are - and I'm Mormon, actually.
What about you?