Thursday, May 18, 2006

My American Idol Experience

Let me first of all say that it was an awesome experience, being able to watch American Idol and know what was going on behind the scenes during the show. Let me tell you about the whole thing.
Buck and I drove down Monday night after I got off work and got to his mom's house in Valencia at about midnight. We woke up to her making us a great breakfast; my pancake even had my initial on it! Heck...my mom never did that for me! :) We left her house and drove down to Hollywood at about 9am. We walked over to the studio to check out the sitch and there were already people in line to get in to the studio. Of course the camera crew from Access Hollywood showed up a few minutes after we got there and Rick Buck made his national debut on television. While the reporter was talking about who may be getting voted off after their performance, Bucky was in the background waving his poster that said "Vote for Daughtry anyway!" I hid my face as I didn't want to get seen by the camera for a few different reasons. ha! We got into the studio at about 1:30pm and sat right behind where Elliott's family sits. Ryan Seacrest was everything I could have hoped for; super down to earth and way hot. AMAZING eyes when you're close up. He talked with everyone in the audience and signed autographs whenever asked. A few fun things that happened while we were there:

Katharine walked out in her little black dress to sing her last song, and Rick looked at her and said "You look good!" and she said "thanks!" with a big smile on her face. I was on the floor at this point wiping up his drool. If you know Buck, you know that I'm being serious. (Derek, I hope you appreciate that) Ryan had dialogue with Buck about how Chris only lost by one vote, and it must have been his fault since he didn't vote. ha! The entire time I was totally mesmerized and its still hard for me to believe that I was actually there.

I know that I must sound like a complete dork, but it was one of the coolest experiences of my life. I'm signing up for tickets again next year for sure and whoever wants to go, lets get in the car. I'm ready to go again right now.

No comments: