Friday, June 30, 2006

Babies and the cost of living

While blog browsing this morning, I found an interesting article about the cost of living in cities around the world. I live in the 3rd most expensive city in the United States, but I'll get back to that in a minute.
I would like to offer a note of congratulations to two of my previous (I was going to call them old roommates, but they're my age, so they're not old) roommates and a friend from Utah State...

Tara & James Bekker are the proud parents of a little boy who was born on Sunday, June 25th. His name is James Henry Bekker, III. Since his dad's name is James, I have no idea what they are going to call him. Supposedly this baby has a ton of golden hair. Awesome. Many congrats to them!!

Sarah & Tamir Ganbat are also the proud parents of a little girl named Allison Mralkadsjfadf (or something Mongolian) Ganbat who was born on Monday, June 26th. This is their second little girl. I am so happy for them!

Kelley Kane Boston(& husband) had a baby boy Wednesday, June 21st. His name is
Alexander Agee Boston and everyone is healthy! Yeah for Kelley. She deserves all the happiness that this little one brings her.

After finding out about these recent births and realizing that I have three other close friends who were also previous roommates and are about to give birth in the next few weeks, I got a little sad that I don't have those things in my life. However. After seeing that San Francisco is the 3rd most expensive city in the United States and realizing that I live in a nice apartment with great girls, I have a nice car that needs to be washed, I am going on an awesome vacation this weekend, and I can afford to eat out for 90% of the meals I eat, I am a lucky girl. I may not have things of an eternal nature right now, but I am a successful person and I am HAPPY. Hooray for that.

1 comment:

Yancy said...

wouldn't the use of the word "previous" connote (and denote as well for that matter) that you are no longer friends with those people?