Thursday, June 29, 2006

Steph takes on Critical Mass...


A few months ago Kristy and I were on our way to a Giants game on the N line when suddenly our train was surrounded by thousands (and I mean thousands) of people on bikes. Pandemonium on the streets of San Francisco. Why were these people on bikes and how do we join the bike gang? We talked about how fun it would be to join them when suddenly we noticed a familiar face in the crowd just peddling away. Stuart. Stuart Braddock is a part of the bike gang. (There is a really funny story that goes along with this...something about me and a cell phone, but I'll save that story for later) The next day we talked to Stuart about this and asked how we could be a part of it. He said that its an unorganized bike ride through the city called Critical Mass and it happens every month on the last Friday at about 5pm.

The other day Kristy and I were discussing our weekend plans and EUREKA...this Friday is the last Friday of the month. We made some phone calls, emailed some people, and tomorrow at 5:15pm, I'm picking up a bike with Kristy & Stu & Tracy from the San Francisco Cyclery. I. am. excited. I don't really care about the political statement that I may or may not be making tomorrow; but have you really thought about what I've been writing about? I am about to ride a bike through San Francisco. Hills and all. Maybe we can hit up Lombard street while we're at it. I am out of shape and haven't really gone to the gym in a long time. Pray for me and all I'll post some pictures tomorrow night...that is, if I make it home.

No comments: