Monday, July 31, 2006

Knowledge is Power

I saw a picture of a Hippopotamus on Oh Joy!'s blog today and it inspired me to learn more about this interesting animal. I looked it up on Wikipedia and I learned the coolest things! The hippo has got to be one of the weirdest animals on the planet...I mean...just look at it. Weird. Here's a trivia question for you: Would you say that the hippo is more closely related to a pig, an elephant, a horse, or a whale? Well, if you guessed the whale, you'd be right. Isn't that amazing? Here's the number one reason why you should try to stay away from a hippopotamus:
"Since their habitat is often encroached upon by farmers and tourists, and because they are so territorial, the hippopotamus is one of the most dangerous animals in Africa. They are said to account for more human deaths than any other African mammal."

Remind me not to play in shallow water the next time in Africa...or have a dance off with one.

No comments: