Saturday, August 19, 2006

Bass Lake Adventures

Kathryn invited me to go to Bass Lake with her and some friends on Saturday. This is our story.

This is Kelly thinking about the 2.5 mile hike that we were about to take. **Please note that we didn't know about the hike before agreeing to go to the lake. I heard the word "lake" and said "yes" without asking more details.

Kathryn was singing along with the song she selected on the ipod.

I was trying to go to sleep so that I could avoid getting carsick on Highway 1.

I asked Juliann to not turn around to smile for the camera since she was driving us in her crayon smelling car.

Although Kelly and I tried to be asleep on the way to Stinson Beach, we still got really carsick. I wanted to hurl. To make myself feel better, I ate a hot dog.

The hike turned out to be very beautiful! Through the woods...

Right on the coast...check out the black sand. Can you see all the sharks there in the water?! Scary!

Too bad it wasn't a more sunny day. It would have been PERFECT!


This was my first view of Bass Lake. It was soooo pretty!

So that we could go play in the lake, we had to blow up some floaties. By "we" I mean Kathryn and Kelly.
Kelly was still blowing it up...

Unfortunately for you and fortunately for us, I don't have any pictures of us in our bathing suits. Since my hair was wet, Dan taught me how to do my hair cute like hers.

Here is a group shot of everyone but me. The Monta Visa ward, SF YSA, Stanford 2nd, and Tri-Valley Wards were all represented. Way to be cross-ward invitational, friends. Good job!

On our way back, the boys decided to climb this GI-normous tree. Very cool.
And here we are. Juliann, Kathryn, Kelly, and me. Thanks Kathryn for the invite and thanks to everyone for making it such a fun time! The hike wouldn't have been the same without my girls in flip flops from the city. ;)

No comments: