Friday, December 1, 2006

What I ended up doing tonight/Giddy as a schoolgirl

So tonight on my way home from work, I decided to nix all my previous plans and call an old friend of mine. His name is Jason and I've known him my entire life. I mean...he's been a part of my life since my memory has developed and he's not my family, which is a rare thing. We met in preschool but when we were in speech class together in kindergarten, our friendship really started. We were in the same kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grade together and when my family moved to North Carolina when I was 7, we kept in touch. We were pretty much in love through letters while we were growing up and my senior year of high school, he even took me to the prom. I helped him pick out his first tattoo(its on his shoulder and its some type of Chinese character) on his 18th birthday. These are major life events, people!
I moved to San Francisco 2 years ago and here's a really sad story; the first time I have seen him since I moved here was tonight. How pathetic. It almost makes me want to poke a fork in my eye. Good thing I know some ophthalmologists. We met up at Chevy's in Emeryville and it was like no time had passed. I could go on and on abou t how wonderful I think he is and how he treats me like a princess, but I won't. Lets just say that some crushes never die.

No comments: