Tuesday, November 21, 2006

What I'll be doing at home this week #3

My parents started collecting Nativities from around the globe a few years ago and due to my Father's love of collecting various items such as clocks, Noah's arks, rocks, Arnold Friberg paintings, etc., the project of decorating for Christmas is super daunting. I believe that my parents own about 80 nativities now, so all year-round decorations are put away for the holidays so that the Holy Family can show off their cultural differences for a few months. The pictured nativity is not part of my parent's collection, but I have a feeling that if my Dad ever makes it to Russia, it will become a part of the family. My mother called me last week to ask me if I'd help her set up the day after Thanksgiving. I'm tired thinking about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah I know what you mean, my mom collects them too, and she just chooses a few to put out each year! Overboard! -Joy