Sunday, January 28, 2007

I'm Such A Cry Baby

Today was my Great-Aunt Irma's 95th Birthday. To celebrate, a lot of family gathered at her daughter's house in Green Valley, California. When I was a little girl in Vallejo, I spent a lot of time with Irma and she always called me her little "Teffy." For those of you who have known me a long time, you may know that I have previously gone by the nickanme "Feffy" because of this. I'm not sure why, but Irma and I have always been kindred spirits. When we were singing her happy birthday as a family, I lost it. I have no idea why, but it wouldn't be the first time I cried this past week for no particular reason.

Here I am with my grandmother and with Irma, her sister-in-law. My grandma is 93 and doesn't she look hot? Something cool about today was that my grandfather and Irma shared the same birthday when my grandfather was still alive. He would have been 99 today. Wow.

No comments: