Monday, January 8, 2007

New Years in Tahoe

So I haven't really posted about my New Years weekend in South Lake Tahoe, but it was awesome. I just decided that its time. Well, its time to post about New Years Eve, that is. This may be a long post, but you'll just have to deal with it, because the only way to adequately describe the night, you'd have to see pictures of it. SO here we go.

For some reason, Karen had a "Pretty Princess" coloring book in the party bowl, so Kristy and I took it upon ourselves to color pictures and put funny phrases on them. There were definitely a few more where this came from, but here's a good example.

Mark, Wendy, and I making breakfast.

So the funny thing about the picture is really that Kristy hadn't showered that day and we were about to walk out of the house to go to dinner. Speaking of that dinner, I'm pretty sure that I still smell onions when I even think about it.

Since Kristy and I have a joined name, Kristephanie Zundelac, Karen and Marshall came up with Marshen Duffland. Kinda sounds like the paper company in "The Office."

Marietta had this awesome charades game that we played where everyone on your team has to act out the same thing for one of the members on your team. Hilarious. I have no idea what we're acting out in this picture. Any guesses?

Here, Heather is trying to get someone to guess the word "Fire Hydrant."

At some point during the night, someone pulled out the twister mat. Some very interesting things ensued. My favorite quote was from Uzi who said: "You can bite, you just can't push" which she's demonstrating so well on Bruce's leg in the following picture:


more twister...

Lucky 7. We're all hoping.


Happy New Years everyone! Of course we're toasting with our Martinelli's here. With the rest of the evening, I have a feeling that someone may have spiked the punch. Karen did threaten to do it, after all.So here we are, posing for a group picture a few minutes after midnight. If young children are present, please make sure to cover their eyes for the next picture. Some inappropriateness is going on.
And I also want to add that I love that this kiss was captured on camera. Priceless.

Of course the boys needed to destroy the pinatas. Bruce really needed to get out some aggression after that smooch from Kristy.


Some people started going to bed, but for some reason, a few of us decided that it was time for a dance party instead . It would be much better if you could hear the music that was being played during the time that the next few pictures were being taken, but imagine your favorite big hair band rocking out and all of us singing and dancing along to it. And then to every other 80s rock song that you love.How cute.


And then for some unknown reason, Wendy started trying to pull down Kristy's pants. Good thing they were tied on tight. Seriously...I don't think that there's any acceptable explanation for this except for that it was 3am.

Oh...and then she tried again.
I'll spare you by not posting the other pictures of Kristy's near de-pantsing.

Have you ever carpet ice skated? Kristy and Rita taught us all something that we'll hold in our hearts forever. I mean...we all even joined in on the conga line. The last time I did something like this was at a roller rink and Tracy smashed us all into a wall; good thing we were only pretending. Especially in a place like the kitchen.


I can't remember a time that I have laughed for such a continuous amount of time. We started playing charades at about 7pm(if not earlier) and by the time this picture was taken, it was after 3am.Kristy's mad jumping skills.


Kristy got this really good idea to have people spin around while looking at the end of this stick and then do jumping jacks. hahahahahahaha

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, goodness! Sounds like a blast! I'm glad ya'll had such a good time. ;o)

xox

Anonymous said...

Again, for the record. We were supposed to be pretending that we were about to kiss. We did a good job until the picture was taken and he decided to go all the way. . . . .I mean finish the job!

I shouldn't have closed my eyes, that way I could have seen his sneekiness coming!

Steph said...

i think that we should frame it and put it up on the dining room wall. i love that the look on his face says: "haha...I'm going to kiss her even though she thinks we're pretending."