Thursday, February 15, 2007

Music Box


Last night while Kristy and I were enjoying karaoke at The Mint, a girl sang "Just To Hold You Once Again" by Mariah Carey. This song was on her "Music Box" album and oh how the memories came flooding back to me.
I was in the 6th grade and my parents bought me a stereo for Christmas. This wasn't just any stereo; this puppy had a CD player. The first one in our home actually. With it I received two CDs. The first one was Music Box and the other involved these people. I knew the entire CD by heart within the week I'm sure and I continued to love it through high school. Even when I got to college all of my roommates had it and we had group sing alongs often as I recall. There are definitely songs on that CD that will always remind me of people who shall not be mentioned here on this blog.
A few years ago my car was broken into while I was parked very close to here:
My Music Box CD was taken and I've been sad about it ever since. Well, last night after hearing a beautiful rendition of "Just to Hold You Once Again", I couldn't help myself. I bought the album off iTunes this morning before work and I sang at the top of my lungs all the way down Lombard Street. I never knew that something so simple could make me so very happy.

No comments: