Wednesday, March 28, 2007

And the Winner Is...

A few months ago I started looking for a bridesmaid's dress for my friend Melissa's wedding this coming August. (I've posted about it here and here if you want to check it out.) Well, this morning, I decided that I should start looking again since I bought a plane ticket to Chicago a few days ago and since Melissa told me that I would be the Master of Ceremonies at her wedding reception. Yikes! No pressure, right? She told me a few months ago that I would be the DJ and so I made her and Aaron some CDs with some good tunes on them. Here's what they picked so far from the CDs I made:

At Last - Etta James
Boogie Shoes - KC and the Sunshine Band
Broken Road - Selah
Everything I do I do it for you - Bryan Adams
Feelis like home - Chantal Kreviazuk
Groove me - King Floyd
I'll Be - Edwin McCain
Ice Cream - Sarah McLachlan
Jesse's Girl- Rick Springfield
Making Memories - Keith Urban
My Girl -The Temptations
One and Only - Teitur
Way you look tonight - Tony Bennet
Way you make me Feel - Michael Jackson
To Make you Feel My love - Garth Brooks
When you say nothing at all - Alison Kraus
You are so Beautiful - Joe Cocker
Save the Last Dance - Michael Buble
Let the little Girl's Dance - Billy Bland
L.O.V.E. - Nat King Cole
This will be and everlasting love - Natalie Cole
Any other suggestions? Aaron and Melissa really like "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson if you know of any similar songs that would be wedding reception appropriate.

Ok so getting back to the dress. I FOUND IT! Seriously, finding a cute, modest dress in the right color (even if it is black) for a summer wedding is a nightmare. But fear no more. Drumroll please.......





And right now you're probably thinking: "Ummm...its not black." Well, thanks to the miracle of this stuff, it will be.


Next, I had to find light pink espradilles. I searched Zappos and the only thing that they had were bright pink espradilles and those weren't quite going to work. So with a little love from Payless and for only $9.99, I found these babies.
Perfect. Bring on the wedding.
Oh...and a special thanks to Uzi who is going to pick up the dress for me today on her way home from work so that I don't have to go to the mall tonight. Love you girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute dress! Where did you find it?

Unknown said...

It's so pretty!! I love it in white, too bad the Big Black Bridesmaid dress Dye has to take over. :(

cute shoes too! very cute, actually!

xox

Jill said...

Yeah say where you found the dress. i want it. Don't worry, we don't run in the same social circles.

Steph said...

I got it from JCrew. Yeah, thats right. Anyone know of a good place to get this thing dyed?

Anonymous said...

maybe Laura Branigan - Power of love

I have recently been hooked on this song for some reason

o and i love that white dress! it is cute to the power of steph!