Friday, March 23, 2007

Thank you Nathan

So I got this idea from Nathan's blog the other day. If it weren't for a lot of other things going on in my life, I would have posted this sooner. Basically, I put my ipod on shuffle and here are some of the lyrics to the first 15 songs. Take a guess on what they are. No cheating!
1. "Don't know why Tori came by. But I could see by the look in her eyes, Tori'd been driving round the town for a while, playing with the thought of leaving."
2. "I heard he was going to marry some girl from Denver. Then my sister came over, had the Sunday paper with her. There was the girl on the social page, looking in love and all engaged. We decided she don't take a very good picture."
3. "I'm calling, hear me calling, hear me calling. In the winter time, when all the leaves are brown and the wind blows, and the birds have all flown for the summer."
4. "When she woke up late in the morning light and the day had just begun, she opened up her eyes and thought 'Oh what a morning.'"
5. "No I can't forget this evening or your face as you were leaving, but I guess that's just the way the story goes. You always smile but in your eyes your sorrow shows, yes it shows."
6. "Got a fever of 103. Come on baby do you do more than dance?"
7. "Well my heart knows me better than I know myself so I'm gonna let it do all the talkin."
8. "Can't explain all the feelings that you're making me feel. My heart's in overdrive and you're behind the steering wheel."
9. "Sometimes I give into to sadness, sometimes I don't. At times I'm part of the madness sometimes I won't give into you. You see the way I have been drifting down a river to nowhere and you're giving me nothing. But if you're ready to be my everything, if you're ready to see me through this time."
10. "She stopped off a bus out into the city streets; just a small town girl with a whole lot packed in a suitcase by her feet But somehow the lights didn't shine as bright as they did on her mama's tv screen."
11. "It's good to be in love it really does suit you, just like everything. I'm happy you're in love 'cause every color goes where you do."
12. "If I fell in love with you, would you promise to be true and help me understand. cause I've been in love before and i've found that love is more than just holding hands."
13. "My loneliness is killing me. I must confess, I still believe. When I'm not with you I lose my mind; give me a sign. Hit me baby one more time."
14. Turnaround, every now and then I get a little bit lonely and you're never coming around. Turnaround, Every now and then I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears."
15. "Question: Tell me what you think about me. I buy my own diamonds and I buy my own rings. Only ring your cell-y when I'm feelin lonely. When it's all over please get up and leave."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awright! :)

Here we have 6) Foreigner, "Hot Blooded", 12) "If I Fell", the Beatles, 13) "Hit Me Baby One More Time", Britney Spears (!), 14) "Total Eclipse of the Heart", Bonnie...er, something.

I hope I got that right; it would be really embarrassing to mix up, say, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera. :D

Steph said...

Good Job Nathan! I'll highlight the ones that are left. I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh # 10 is my favorite
I'd like to think I am "momma's fallen angel" roll'n the dice of MY life!

Anonymous said...

Oh! And #7 is "Big Black Horse and a Cherry Tree", except I don't know if that's the name of the song, and I can't find the liner notes for the Hotel Cafe tour album, so I don't know who it is.