Thursday, April 19, 2007

Bookworm

So last night, I took Roommate with me to the East Bay to a little Goodbye party for my friend Erin. Erin just graduated with her Masters degree in Marriage & Family Therapy, but has decided to take a break for a while and be a river guide on the American river this summer in Auburn. Sounds like a great idea to me! Might as well avoid adulthood as long as possible, right?
Well, on the way over to San Ramon, Roommate and I started talking about books and how much we love them. How we can't fathom how anyone could hate reading. I mean...I was an English literature major in college, so its no big surprise that I feel the way I do. Roommate was/is an Illustrator (which I guess is still artsy) so I was semi surprised. It was a breath of fresh air to be able to talk to someone who is as passionate about books as I am. I dated a guy once who saw a shelf full of books in my room and said "Wow; I don't think I've read that many books in my entire life." My response was "Umm..those are the books I've read just this semester." Yeah...big surprise that one didn't work out.
One of my favorite things EVER is to talk to people about books. I love recommending books to people and hearing what they thought of them. (Which reminds me...Mom, have you read that book that I let you borrow yet? Quit making excuses and read it!) So at the very bottom of the sidebar, I'm going to start my list of book recommendations. Instead of you emailing me, asking me what books you should read next, reference my list. If you want a more detailed explanation of the books on the list or want a list of books that I have read and hated, I guess you'll still have to email me. Oh...AND if you want to email me with books that you absolutely loved, maybe I'll make a list for that too. I LOVE book recommendations, so email away, friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Heart Books! And Bookworms! I have a huge stack of "to read" books next to my bed... and I add more to it faster than I can read them. Ah, it's a delicious cycle. :)

Uzi said...

Do it people, I have loved every book Steph has recommended!
I like reading now because of her, she has changed my life!
Good bye Superfudge, hello East of Eden!
Which reminds me, have you read
Of Mice and Men yet? Get on it!

Steph said...

Its in the stack, I promise!!! Maybe I'll put away the book I started last night and start Of Mice and Men....