Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Taking Advantage

So let's be honest. I'm single again after a short stint of having a significant other. I feel like I should be sadder than I am, but I don't really feel like I've missed a beat. This is no reflection on the person that I dated, but possibly of the change in texture of my heart after the things its been through over the past few years. I hope not, but I'm afraid that my heart is getting tougher to penetrate. I've decided though that it's good for me to be single for the next few months at the very least. Some of the closest friends that I've had over the two and a half years that I've been in San Francisco are leaving in two months. TWO MONTHS! Holy cow. That makes me want to cry. I went to dinner with one of them, watched American Idol with some others, and played Zelda with another just tonight. Other than in high school, I haven't had friends who live in the same city that I've consecutively been friends with for so long. In college, I wasn't ever at a school longer than two years (I went to three schools by the time I had my degree) and even then, I was switching apartments and/or wards every few months. I'd still see the same people around campus, but its different for sure.
I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I'm just grateful for the opportunity I have to take advantage of the time I have left with these amazing men who have been in my life and have been great friends. I don't think any of them read this blog, but I hope they know how much I care about them.

No comments: