Monday, April 16, 2007

Weekend

My weekend was packed tight with good times, relaxation, and good friends. Just the way a weekend should be, I say.

Last night I went to my first Bite Sized Revolutions meeting (see the link on the right to check it out on your own) to discuss what we can do to help stop the genocide in Darfur. Honestly, I wanted to cry during most of the meeting. After talking to some people about it, the general attitude is apathy. I can't say that I don't ever feel the same way about current events and other issues. I mean...what really can I do? Well, check out this website to see what little "bite" we can all take in making something happen for these people. 5.7 Jews were killed in the Holocaust in Europe and over 400,000 have already been killed in Sudan. So tragic. Its easy to sit back and think that this conflict in Sudan will never truly affect us, but how would you feel if you were the one who was in Sudan? Make a call, sign a petition; you never know what your one little voice can do.

No comments: