Friday, April 20, 2007

Winning Lottery Ticket

I can't believe that I haven't thought to post about this before. Somewhere out there, my work number is published as the number to call to collect money on a winning lottery ticket. Yesterday I got a voicemail from Timothy who was calling about his "winnings." I don't know why the message on my voicemail about the American Academy of Ophthalmology doesn't give people a clue that the number they're dialing may be wrong, but they're probably so caught up in the excitement of winning big that they aren't paying attention to the OPHTHALMOLOGY part of my message. Maybe they don't know what Ophthalmology is...and they think that its the science of lottery winning. Who knows. I'm not sure if it's the mean streak deep down within my soul that does it, but whenever I get one of these calls, I can't help but laugh. (And when I say laugh, I mean howl for a few minutes.) I've even laughed at people when they've called and I've actually picked up the call. Its like I'm part of this mean joke that is getting played on someone. "Someone gave you my number to collect money and you actually believed them? Ha Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!" yeah...something like that.

No comments: