Thursday, May 31, 2007

Duck Beach Fun

Ok so I admit it. I'm home. I'm not necessarily happy about it. Don't get me wrong. I love San Francsico and I have wonderful friends, a great job, and I'm happy here. I just love North Carolina so much and even more than that, I love being with such good friends in such an awesome place. We had some great times this past weekend and more than that, I feel relaxed, happy, and motivated to be a better person than I am. How often does that happen while you're on vacation? Yeah...not too often.

I don't have a plethora of pictures, but here are a few to give you a general idea of the great times that I had.
I flew into DC on Thurday and met up with Mel for dinner. We've been living so far away from each other for so long now that I forgot how good it is to be with her. Sure love her. On Friday morning, Adrian and I started our journey to Duck Beach, but along the way, we stopped in Williamsburg and Jamestown with Dave. I'd never been to either place and I'm so glad that we stopped. I learned a lot and enjoyed the scenery immensely.

Here I am in Williamsburg giving the "Colonial" look a try. What do you think? Next time I'm there I'm going to rent the full Colonial Get-up and walk around town in it. You think I'm kidding. But I'm not.

It was over $60 to take a tour of the Governor's Palace. I'm hoping that if anyone wants to see it that bad that they at least give you a t-shirt or some gold encrusted chocolates.

Dave & Adrian were so in love with Pocahantas at Jamestown. They both wanted to hold hands with her. Supposedly Dave is a direct descendant, so its kinda creepy that he was holding hands with a statue of one of his grandmothers. Whoa.

The pictures wouldn't be complete without this one of a group playing the "Dip dip dip" game on Saturday night. If you're lucky, I'll teach you how to play.

At our Saturday night barbeque...Around the table starting at about 7 (if the table were a clock) we have...Brandon, Steph C, Brent P, Scott P, Mauri, Steph Z, and France. There were 2 Brent's, 4 David's, 2 Scott's, and 3 Stephanie's...and I think there were more duplicates in there, but that is all I can remember right now.

Last year Brent P taught us the fine art of the North Carolina dribble. You mix sand and water and then carefully dribble the mixture onto the already placed "towers." You may think that this is a joke; but its not. Brent wanted me to make sure and get his tattoo in the picture while he was demonstrating the NC Dribble.

Of course Dave H's part of the castle was impeccable.

And here's a small group photo of us with our sand castle. The water was quickly destroying our fortress so we took a picture before it was completed. Ah, good times.

OBX in shells on the front of the castle.

And just because this picture make me laugh every time I see it, Scott Porter, ladies and gentlemen. This picture was taken at about 5am Tuesday morning. Why he's trying to get bracelets to stick into his eye sockets is a question that I'm still trying to answer.

Dear Duck Beach,
I miss you so much and will be back again, I promise.

Love,

Sizzle

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooh! Looks like you had a blast! Love the pics!

xox

Pace said...

So is this a we're single lets travel and have fun group? Or who are these peeps?

Steph said...

Pace, here's what I know about Duck Beach. For about 15 years now, the lds single adults from the DC area have been going to the Outer Banks over Memorial Day. People organize houses of about 30 and thus ensues a weekend of "Mormons Gone Wild" if you will at the beach. Its not all bad, but you usually end up in a beach house with some people you know and a bunch of people that you're meeting for the first time. There are parties and a huge volleyball tournament on the beach on Saturday. About 1000 people went this year. So. Much. Fun.