Thursday, May 10, 2007

Lord of the Rings, the Musical

I am a wus. Always have been. Always will be, I guess. When I was at Disney World in the 10th grade, my best friend and I got in a huge fight because I wouldn't go on the ride with her where the "alien" comes up from behind you and breaths in your ear. The thought absolutely terrified me.
I just don't like scary things at all. I won't go to haunted houses and I don't watch scary movies. Some past boyfriends have thought that I was just kidding when I told them that I didn't like scary movies and that I'd really just snuggle up to them if they took me to see a movie like "The Ring." Ummmm. . . snuggling is the LAST thing on my mind if anyone takes me to see a scary movie. Punching is more like it.
Have you ever seen an on-stage production that scared you? In all my experience with seeing plays here in the U.S. and in London, I've never really seen anything that I would consider scary. Last November I saw Blue Man Group in Las Vegas. It wasn't scary, but when these guys got all up in my face, I got real nervous.So when I heard about this, I thought that it sounded fairly interesting for those fascinated with Middle Earth. For the most part, Lord of the Rings doesn't scare me. However, if an Orc was all up in my face, you'd better believe that you'd be reading a post today about when/where my funeral is being held because I think I would die of a heart attack. If you're into that sort of thing and feel like soiling yourself...and you happen to be in London, check it out. I just hope that you're ok with this guy being all up in your grill.

No comments: