Monday, May 7, 2007

Still Alive

First off, this past weekend was amazing. Have you ever been up the Redwoods? If the answer to that question was "no" then stop what you're doing right now and get in your car. Such a beautiful place! We wanted to start the trip off right by driving through a redwood tree to see what the fuss was about. Then we decided that we needed to climb inside of one just for good measure. Seriously...that is one HUGE tree!Here we are about to start the race. It was a little chilly out there so we were all hiding our racing numbers underneath a few layers.
So here we are after the race. We had a camera man so I was hoping that we'd have pictures of each one of us crossing the finish line, but unfortunately, we had to fire him for not taking any pictures. I'll probably just end up buying the ones that the professional photographers took along the trail.And here we are all fresh and clean again. Hooray for us! Karen and I ran quite a bit of the race together and when Rita and Kristy passed us heading back towards the finish line, we yelled for each other and I screamed "This was the worst idea we ever had!!!!" At least we all finished!
Good job girls. Seriously. How lucky am I to be friends with amazing people like you? So....October in San Jose? Any takers?

And just in case you're wondering, I'm having a little trouble walking today. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously, you are amazing!! Congrats on finishing your first half marathon!!

xoxox

Sherry Ashford said...

Congrats on your race. What an accomplishment.

Andrea said...

I am so proud of you! Too bad for me I was not there.

Steve said...

Hey good job!!!!
I went to college up there. the redwoods are amazing! and so is running 13 miles...

Kimberly Badger said...

Seriously I am amazed! Way to go for your goal! :o)