Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Montreal

So the reason that I'm kinda freaking out about not speaking French so well is because I'm going to Montreal this weekend. I realize that a lot of people there speak English, but the only part of the trip that I'm worried about is the part where I have to tell a cab driver to take me to my hotel. I have all sorts of scenarios worked out in my head, so I'll probably be completely prepared by the time it happens. The rest of the time should be a piece of cake. Its just that whenever I've traveled abroad and had to get around by speaking a foreign language, I've never been alone. "Parlez-vous anglais?" anyone? anyone?

So...has anyone out there ever been to Montreal? Anything that is a MUST see while I'm there? Let me know...
This isn't the first time that I'll have been in Quebec, but the last time I was there, the circumstances were pretty different. I am hoping to relive some memories though by eating some of this:

1 comment:

Beverly B. said...

Most people will speak English, but of course they prefer French. The people at the hotel were very nice to us and spoke English, but we had a little trouble with our waiter and at the grocery store. It was kind of difficult for us to drive around sometimes because the signs are all in French.

As far as things to see there is the Olympic stadium, Notre Dame, the underground mall, the dome and pier. The temple is very small. We enjoyed walking around the old part of town because it looks very European.