Monday, July 2, 2007

Weekend Adventures

I need a vacation. Busy season is upon me at work and while I love my job and have no complaints about it, I'm just tired. On Friday, I left directly from work to go meet up with some friends at a Barbeque down in San Jose. After hanging out there for a while, a few of us decided to go check out a movie. We couldn't agree on what movie to see though. The options were Ratatouille, Evan Almighty, and Live Free or Die Hard. We compromised and went to see Evan Almighty. Its cheesiness made me laugh and I don't really completely understand the whole message of the movie, but there were some very insightful parts that I could talk with you about later if you'd like. But for now, here's a picture:


Because the movie went so late, I crashed at my lovely cousin's house down in the South Bay. In the morning, her kids woke me up before heading off to their swim meet. It was their second-to-last swim meet of the season and since they are constantly asking me to come down to spend time with them, I decided to go to the meet to watch them swim. The weather was great and they both did a great job! Ryan took 17 seconds off his best time in the freestyle swim. How awesome is that? Taylor did equally as well and beat almost all of her best times, which resulted in her participating in the relay swim at the end of the meet. Hooray for both of them!! Here are some great pictures that I took during the day. Some of them are "caption contest" worthy for sure:
A seriously beautiful day at the pool.


Here's my cousin's daughter Taylor and it looks like she has a little admirer. How cute is that?!


This is Ryan doing his best impersonation of a starving African child.


Taylor, talking to her girlfriends...probably about boys and how they have cooties. I mean; they're probably all due for their cootie shot any day now with the second grade being only a few weeks away.


When it was Ryan's turn to swim, he did. not. want to get in the pool. Luckily the guy there on his left was able to talk him into it before the race started.

And here's Taylor getting ready to swim the backstroke.

I was part of a swim team for a few years growing up; I'm not a fantastic swimmer, but I spent my summers playing at the pool in our neighborhood, so it brought back some great memories being there with the kids. I have such an awesome family; I'm so glad that they are mine. yay.

That night I came home and attempted a nap (which is a whole other story in and of itself) before going to see Ratatouille:


I liked it a lot. Here's the lesson I learned: Being honest isn't always easy, but it is always right. Not that I didn't already know that, but I loved that a kid's movie was able to teach that principle so easily. Great movie. Go see it.

Happy Monday everyone.

No comments: