Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekend....

I really love weekends when I feel that I've been productive AND had as much fun as possible. Check, check. This weekend was JUST that. And I loved it.

Friday, I karaoked at The Mint. Although the KJ threw away the request that Donna and I put in, we got to rock out to some Pat Benatar with Julie & Jeanine. Good thing I'm a pro at Karaokeing to that song. Easy peasy.

Saturday morning, Roommate and I went to a bunch of Garage Sales all over town. We found a lot of junk, which I guess was expected. But then we found a gem. A table for only $10. At this same garage sale the lady was selling all of her grandmother's silver...cutlery and tea set. If the initial "H" wasn't engraved in all of the cutlery I would have been ALL over that. Her grandmother was rolling over in her grave I'm sure knowing that she was selling all of her prized silver. I'll post a picture of our cute table soon.
After hitting up about ten garage sales, we got breakfast, went to the bank, went shopping at Nordstroms downtown where I bought not only 1 dress to wear to one of my many upcoming weddings, but 2!! That made me VERY happy. I wore one of them to church yesterday and I got nothing but compliments. Yay for that. After our shopping trip, we went to an art supply store, then to a ribbon store. THEN to Trader Joe's and then to Safeway. Finally, we made it home by about 4pm where we napped, tried unsuccessfully to watch a movie, yelled at the neighbors to turn down their music, and then Rebecca decided to paint me. I'd post a picture of her painting, but I look extremely worried...which is due to some other things going on in my life. All in all, it was a super succesful day.

On Sunday, church/meetings were good, I had some good chats with friends after church, then we came home, made dinner and partied it up with friends until about 11pm. Dinner consisted of my famous manicotti, delicious salad prepared by Roommate, and some AWESOME dessert that would make any boy want to marry you made by Deb. In fact, it was so good that Roommate and I basically devoured it after everyone left. Shhh...don't tell. We also played a rousing game of group charades. That game sure is a hit every time. The best guess was when Josh guessed that I was a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. Awesome.

Happy Monday.

No comments: