Thursday, August 2, 2007

Quick Montreal Recap

I'm back! I've been back for not quite twelve hours now from my trip to visit our brothers and sisters in the North. Yes, that's right; I went to Canadia. Montreal was better than I expected it to be and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The city sure rolled out the red carpet for the attendees of our meeting, so we saw a lot of these flags displayed all over the city.


Rebekah, Carlee, and I ended up at a party right next to Les FrancoFolies de Montreal on Monday night. We thought that this blow up bobble-headed person was rather strange and hilarious. So I got a great shot of Rebekah with him. I love that you can see the real guy's face in this picture.

The next day we decided to take a tour of Montreal during our break from class. What an amazing city!! Here are just a few of the highlights:

Town Hall


The Market


Rue St. Paul, the oldest street in Montreal.


Some awesome house on Rue St. Paul.

This was taken at Place Jacques-Cartier. Basically it was like Fisherman's Wharf here in San Francisco. Many local artists, performers, and tourists like ourselves out enjoying the amazing weather.
St. Joseph's Cathedral. Definitely one of the most stunning cathedrals I've seen in all of my travels around the globe.


Speaking of pretty cathedrals, here is Montreal's own Notre Dame cathedral. The best thing to ever come out of Canada was married here a few years back.


I'm not sure what it is about Montreal that makes them embrace their circus freaks so much, but the last night I was there, I was able to see some performers from the National Circus School. Montreal proudly displayed them as some of their local talent. Am I the only one who thinks that this is a bit strange?
We were glistening by the point this picture was taken. Like...really glistening. The tents were a little less effective in keeping everyone out of the heat at the party. I must say though that the parties I went to were amazing. Nice job Montreal!

Here's my favorite picture from Jacques-Cartier square. The "free hug" man. Do you see how sincere the look on his face is? And all for free. Need a hug anyone?

Bonjour America. So glad that I'm back home where I belong. At least for a few more days. :)

No comments: