Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Continuing the Birthday Celebrations

Tonight, Rita took me out for my birthday. I know, I know, my birthday was a few weeks ago, but who says that you can't go on celebrating? We went to a nice Middle Eastern restaurant in the Mission called Majool's Sky Terrace and it was great! I mean...when you order the chicken and they bring you out an entire chicken (imagine a midget Turkey if you need a better mental image than the below picture), what's not to love? And I might add that it was mighty delicious. Thanks Rita!!!

here's Rita carving the chicken...

Before going home for the night, we stopped at Bi-Rite Creamery. Rita told a little fib and said that it was my birthday. So before I knew it, the lights were all off and the staff was singing me happy birthday with a full-on birthday cup o'ice cream.

Happy Birthday to me!

So then when I got home, two of my ultra fun friends were getting ready to leave my house. You may remember these two characters from this episode on the Outer Banks of NC this past May. I love seeing people who make me laugh and bring back good memories.

Brent (on the right) told us that while his motto for 2007 is "This is my now", his motto for 2008 is even catchier: "Bigger, Better, Rougher, Tougher." It sounds like a Toyota Tundra advertisement, but that gets me thinking...what should my motto for 2008 be? Maybe I should wait to decide until the winner of the 2008 season of American Idol sings the winning song. I just googled the phrase "motto for 2008" and the first one to come up is "Still the choice of champions." Maybe it's a sign.

...then again, maybe not.

No comments: