Tuesday, November 6, 2007

For the record...


I want to confess that I wasn't exactly looking forward to my trip here to New Orleans. Not necessarily because of the huge meeting that I'm helping run this week or because of the lack of sleep that I get while I am here. Mostly because the last time I was in New Orleans, I didn't love it. I was on my feet the entire time and I got really sick. I did meet someone though and that was a lot of fun, but I'd have to say that that was the highlight of my whole experience. Oh..and the whole voodoo/ghost thing kinda wigged me out too.

But now I'm coming clean and I want to say that this time is different. I went to church on Sunday and everyone offered me rides so that I didn't have to take a cab, and I don't know what it is about the YSA ward here in New Orleans, but I even got asked out on a date. That's 2 for 2, my friends. Both times that I've been to church here I've been asked on a date. I have never been asked on a date at church the entire time that I've lived in San Francisco or even when I lived in Utah, to be honest. (I had to turn him down though because I really don't have time on this trip to go on a date). Although I've been a little jipped out of my usual VIP hotel experience, I came back to my room tonight to a lovely gift basket filled with snickers bars, chips, and wine and an enormous bouquet of flowers was on my desk. All from someone that I didn't expect them from. (Don't get excited though...they were from someone that I work with here in New Orleans). My crush stayed with me at work last night when I stayed a little late to get some work done and it made me smile when he put me in a cab back to my hotel and the cab driver asked me who that nice young man was who I'd been with. Yeah, he's cute. Today for lunch I had a deep friend ham and cheese sandwich "Madame" style, which means that there was a fried egg on top of the deep friend sandwich. HELLO! It was incredible. My coworker even made a picture of the sandwich the screensaver on her cell phone. Truly everyone that I've met has been so nice and enjoyable to work with. I just can't say enough good.

I'm falling in love with New Orleans, Louisiana. Ignore the crap that is on tv and in the newspapers about New Orleans. Come here. I haven't felt so loved in a long time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear all about this trip!

xox

Camie said...

Is it weird that I miss you? It is, I know it is. Oh well. You're always having so much fun I wish I could tag along everywhere you go.