Monday, January 14, 2008

Madrid in March

Last Friday I was sitting in my room waiting for my friend to come over so that we could go out to dinner. I was dinking around on the internet when suddenly, I felt the urge to get on a plane and go on a bonafide vacation. Yes, I travel a lot, but as I've learned in the past few years, travel does not = vacation. I have been to Duck Beach and to various weddings around the country over the past few years, but I haven't been anywhere adventurous since my summer in England in 2003. (Well, my weekend in Boston was pretty adventurous, right Uzi?)

Lucky for me, I was able to persuade my friend to come to Spain & Portugal with me over a bowl of Calamari. From idea to purchasing tickets, 3 days. Any suggestions for where we should go? We'll be there for 9 days.

Have I mentioned that I am SO EXCITED???

7 comments:

Kimberly Badger said...

What? You're going to Spain in March? Please say it's over my spring break so I can come too. I'm DYING to go! ;o)

Erica said...

fyi, i'm leaving for NZ in 15 days. incredible. i'm proud of you taking the leap and traveling abroad for a real vacation!!! i can't wait to see pics!

Audrey said...

Those are two of the countries that I haven't been to, but I have a good friend who's from Portugal. I'll ask her what you should see while you're there.

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you!! Absolutely fantastic! Love it!! You'll have such a marvelous time.

xox

Camie said...

I'm totally jealous! I want to go Spain next May after graduation, so take good notes for me!

Beverly B. said...

Good for you. I'm jealous because I'm due for a real vaction too. You will have a great time no matter what you see.

Heather said...

Wow - good for you!! How exciting :)