Monday, March 31, 2008

The Spell Has Been Broken

I've been doing the roommate thing for a while now. For about 9 years to be exact, and as of today, I've had 23 roommates. Out of those 23, 13 of them are married now. Really though, that number could be 16, but there are 3 roommates that I haven't heard from since the day I moved away. We must have been real close, eh? So here's my point. While the majority of my previous roommates are now married, I've never had a roommate get engaged while they were living with me. That is, until a few weeks ago. That's right folks - I'm announcing it here on my blog that the spell has been broken. Roommate and Mr. Fish made it official. :) And with that, came an official move that happened this weekend. :( Well, at least Roommate made an official move. Mine won't be for a few weeks still, but Tiff and I are closing up shop in the Presidio and moving to new locations in San Francisco.

I've lived in the Presidio for 3 years and I will be very sad to leave. So many really good and really bad things have happened to me during my time there which will be bittersweet to leave behind. But onward and upward. I'm really excited about my upcoming move - so stay tuned for more info on that.

And now, on to my regularly schedule programming - I have to finish blogging about my trip. :)

2 comments:

Uzi said...

Man, we had some good times there! I'm sad you will be leaving our memories but SO excited for your new ones to begin!

love ya!

Beverly B. said...

Congratulations on moving on. Change is a goog thing. Now that I think about it. I have had 57 roommates before getting married 5 of which got engaged while I was living with them. Most of them are married now but I have lost track of many of them. Breaking the spell is a good sign. Good luck with your new place.