Saturday, March 1, 2008

Still in high school. In case you're wondering.

Remember last year when I relived my high school days?

Well, never fear. I'm not dancing to the music of the marching band anymore, but I was rocking out to Karen's awesome playlist of Big Hair 80's music. Today was our church's 2nd Annual San Francisco "The Rock" vs. Stanford "Saints" football game down in Palo Alto. This year it was a double header with the girls playing powderpuff first. I was going to be the videographer, but since the video camera never showed, I just got to enjoy the games! I'll never forget during the girls' game when I saw my roommate Tiffany dive through a crowd of girls towards the opponent with the ball to grab her flag. Three girls had already tried to get a flag off of this player, so I was pretty sure that the Saints would get a touchdown. Oh no. Tiffany was fully committed. She dove and she got the flag she was trying for. Seriously, she's my hero today. Well, and every day, but today especially.

You can't see all the fans who are actually up in the stands behind us, but I tell you --they were there this year. Such a great showing from our ward and it seemed as though everyone had a great time.

And during the boys game, in which we totally ROCKED the Saints (go team!) some of our girls redid the dance from last year's half-time show. If I get it uploaded then I'll put it up here for your viewing pleasure. Definitely something that you don't want to miss. So here are some stills for your enjoyment until then:

And because I love Roommate, here's a closeup of her cutoff tshirt and mad dancing skills.

Really, half of the fun for me was just getting together with everyone from the Stanford ward. Seriously, I think that they are great. Amazing people if I do say so myself.

No comments: