Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fun in the Sun

This post could also be entitled: Some of my favorite friends in the world.

When I met Missy in the summer of 2001, she was in a really bad car accident involving a moose. She survived the crash with only a few stitches and for the next few weeks after the incident, she was even called "The Moose." Ever since then, I've given her a moose Christmas ornament every year - and my parents tend to gift her every now and then with random moose items - such as magnets and earrings. She didn't think it was very funny that I made her pose with the Moose pillow that we found at Target. I mean - it would have matched her new living room perfectly, but she wasn't taking too fondly of the idea.

Paul, Missy, and I have a new tradition that we started a few years ago that I make them try a new ethnic food every time I'm with them. This time, it was Thai. I'm not sure if they are going to start eating pad thai every night, but aren't they cute?

And the following three pictures are of their super adorable children. A long time ago I dated Missy's brother quite seriously. I told her this past weekend that I'm no longer upset that it didn't work out between us - I'm just bitter that he took away my nieces and nephew!! ha.



The main reason for my trip to Arizona was to surprise my friend Kim who just graduated from ASU with her masters degree in vocal performance. I've known her since I was 11 and though I've heard her sing a million times, I hadn't ever seen her perform professionally. She was the lead in Purcell's "Dido and Aenaes" in her last performance with ASU, so I snuck in, sat next to her boyfriend and enjoyed the performance. I have to say that I was really nervous that she'd see me and stop singing in the middle of her solo or something - luckily, she didn't! I surprised her pretty good when I showed up backstage. We both cried and hugged and cried and hugged.

And last but not least, I was able to see Josh. Doesn't he look amazing? It was so great to see him and spend some time with him - even though it was only for a few hours.


Dear Arizona,
Can I please come back and visit my friends again soon?
I miss them already.

Love,
Stephanie in San Francisco

3 comments:

Pace said...

If this post could also be called that.. then where is a picture of us!?

Bethany said...

That is so fun that you surprised Kim! You two look hot!

Kimberly Badger said...

I love you Steph! Thanks again for coming. I will post more pics of us soon. :)