Friday, June 13, 2008

Marylin

A few months ago, before I moved into my new apartment, I was hanging out with my future roommate Kirsten at our/my future home. We were chatting and she said "Hey - you want to see something kinda freaky?" I'm not sure how anyone can ever say "no" to that question, but I didn't, and before I knew it, Kirsten had pulled out a black box from behind some books on the bookshelf. The black box turned out to be Marylin Saidu. Turns out, when our friend Katie moved out to San Francisco, she brought Marylin out as a joke for Marcy, who used to live in my bedroom before me. I googled Marcy's name and found this story on Katie's blog of how Marcy and Katie ended up with Marylin in the first place.

Marcy moved away and got married a little while ago, and it seems as though she forgot to take Marylin with her. Well folks, the time to reunite these long lost friends is upon us. As I'm going to DC this weekend, I thought I'd take it upon myself to make the reunion happen. But not without dressing (Marylin) up for the occasion.



I felt weird looking up how to handle crematory remains on a flight - but at least she's getting some love that she wouldn't be getting otherwise. All we really know about Marilyn is that she died of cancer at age 38. All this talk of death and cremation is making me think - but maybe I can set that aside for another post around Halloween or something.

And with that, I'm off to our Nation's Capitol for a few days. Adventures to come, I'm sure. Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

it's a little disturbing having that in my house... can't wait til she leaves Sunday

Erica said...

this weekend in dc?!?! what? i just came back this morning from there. dang it. hope you had a super time lady.