Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Madness

I started the weekend off with a bang. I joined 23,000 other people and watched Lucia di Lammermoore at AT&T Ballpark on Friday evening. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. It was in the 80s when we got there and in the 70s when we went home that night at midnight. Unheard of! Thanks to Emily, we got a great spot out in the middle of center field with our blankets and that is where we stayed. I took this picture about 30 minutes before the opera started - you can kinda tell how many people were there, but it was packed.

Lucia di Lammermore is pretty much about some crazy people who end up either killing each other and/or themselves over unrequited love. But really, what opera out there isn't about death and tragic romance? Seriously. There were quite a few people in our group on Friday, but here is a sampling for you - so left to right is Casey (KC?), LaNae, Peter, me, and Kristine.

During intermission, Casey and I decided to run the bases. Home plate was blocked off, but we ran as far as we could both ways a few times. What a fun evening!

On Saturday afternoon, Kristine and I headed down to my old neighborhood to enjoy the nice weather. I've definitely been to Baker Beach my fair share of times since I used to live about 100 yards away from it. While I was over there, I went to visit my former neighbors and new people were moving into my old apartment. Turns out - they are Mormon Dental students. Ironic, no?The above picture is a very rare sight. In all my times at Baker Beach, this is the 2nd time it has been warm enough for me to wear a bathing suit. There were hundreds of people up and down the beach - and we even saw some things that we didn't necessarily want to see. I'll leave that up to your imagination since my mother reads this.

Luckily, the weather went back to normal on Sunday. Although it is nice to have warm weather, I feel like I'm going crazy since no one - including my office - has air conditioning! The only place I can get relief is in my car! From the 80's to the 50's within a few hours. Gotta love San Francisco weather!

Last night I spent the evening with various friends around the bay area. I ended up chatting with Bruce and Leramy down in Palo Alto until almost midnight and I hadn't spent time with them in a while. On my way home, I thought a lot about how grateful I am for the good friends that I have around here and how sad I am that so many of them are leaving me in the next few months! Sometimes, getting older sucks.

In better news, tonight I'm going to Santa Cruz with some friends to see my all-time fave, Brandi Carlile in concert. Oh - and you all know how much I love Brandi Carlile. Just you wait for the update on THAT tomorrow! Yipee!

2 comments:

Bud & Kim said...

Lucia huh? Cool...I've never even seen that. Was it live or a telecast? What an opera buff. I'm proud to call you my best friend. ;)

Glady said...

cute steph ;) very cute! hehe