Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tea Anyone?

To start off my long weekend, I was generously given a half day at work last Thursday. Jessica had the day off as well and since she barely moved to the area, we hit the town. She had never had Thai food before, and since it is one of my all-time faves, we hit up Osha on Union Street. After a wonderful lunch, I asked Jessica what she'd rather do more: The Japanese Tea Gardens or the DeYoung Museum, since I'd never been to either. She told me that she'd like to continue with our Asian theme, so we quickly made our way over to Golden Gate Park.

I'm not sure how I'd never gone here before, but if you're looking for a beautiful and relaxing place to hang out for a few hours in San Francisco, this is definitely the place. We both really really loved it.Did you know that fortune cookies were invented here in about 1914? Jessica and I decided to stop in the little cafe and get a drink and some snacks - as well as sample the infamous fortune cookies. Of course they are no different than fortune cookies anywhere else, but it is neat to eat them in the place where they originated.

Here's our little self portrait in front of one of the many pagodas. The rest of our day included going to Nordstrom Rack, Target, Oceans Taqueria for dinner with Peter, and running other random errands. I stayed with Jessica's family while I was in Charlotte this past weekend, so it was rather ironic that she took me to the airport on her way home that evening. If I told you that we were really sisters, would you believe me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! I love the tea gardens!! I'm so glad you enjoyed them as well!

xox

Unknown said...

how the heck are you steph? Looks like you and jessica had a fun day!

Katy said...

I can't believe that you hadn't been there before. It's awesome. The DeYoung museum is great too!

beccabeck said...

I love the Tea Gardens... never miss 'em! You should check out the Asian Art Museum in Golden Gate PArk, as well. It is really quite close to the gardens, though it has been many years since I last visited, so... I could be wrong about proximity... see them, nonetheless!
And about your New Year's in Paris... I am jealous. I just returned from a 6-day trip to Paris with some teenagers from my school. What a blast!