Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Can it get any better?

Today I had the immense pleasure of getting a surprise visit from some of my favorite people, Angie & Derek. They live in Rhode Island now and a few months ago, they were blessed with a little boy they named Porter. I knew that they were going to be in the Bay Area for a few days visiting family and in my wildest dreams, I thought that maybe I'd get to meet the little guy and see my dear friends. Well, in my world, dreams do come true and today I got a text asking if I would come downstairs and meet Porter! A picture was taken, so hopefully I can show it to you one day soon. Seriously - such a cute baby. It made me so happy to see Derek & Angie though too - what great friends.

Upon arrival at my desk after my quick Starbucks lunch, I came across an email in my inbox that told me that I am eligible to take the CMP exam in January. Time to hit the books! My application was rejected a few weeks ago and since I am totally eligible, I sent in an appeal and it was accepted! Hooray!

And....a few weeks ago, our office blocked gchat, which all in all has probably been a good thing so that I get more work done. I do miss the daily chatting with my friends though and today, through some kind of weird miracle, gchat suddenly appeared along with the names of all my friends that I've been missing for the past few weeks. Ah, bliss.

Really, today can't get much better. How was YOUR day?

1 comment:

Derek and Ang said...

It was so great to see you!!! Love you tons!