Thursday, February 19, 2009

My life - it can be so complicated.

Today at work I sat in a small conference room for a long time. My boss calls it the submarine because it has no windows and you might as well be underwater if you're in there all day long like we've been for the past few months. I checked the news on my random mental breaks and found these two articles on the news: One and Two.

My Dad just left London yesterday - and he flies around in helicopters fairly frequently and believe it or not, my Mother is on a cruise right now between Chile and Argentina. For a few minutes, I thought I might be an orphan. The email I sent my Dad went something like this:

"Are you alive? Is Mom OK? If Mom is stuck in Antarctica for too long, she might come home with a penguin coat or something. Please write me back ASAP."

My mother, as it turns out, is not one of the passengers on board the stuck cruise ship - they are a few days ahead of her in their route, I suppose, so unless the captain of the boat would like to have a Titanic reenactment, my guess is that they will be staying far away from any possibility of hitting land. From my Dad's response, it sounds like she is having a good time with her friends at the bottom of the globe.

I have few pictures from this last weekend, but I will do my best to put them up tomorrow. Just so you know what is coming:
  • I had to get my hair cut today to repair some damage done by the woman who did my hair for the wedding.
  • I took no pictures of the bride and groom. I was too busy handing out bridesmaid bouquets and corsages/boutonnieres - and fixing my malfunctioning wardrobe.
  • I had an amazing time with my fellow bridesmaid, Arianne. Together, we are the best bridesmaids ever.
  • I spent two great days with Jacque, Aaron, and miscellaneous family. With Jacque, any place feels like home.
Along with getting my hairs cut today, I got my hairs straightened also. Ah, the bliss of having straight hair and no fly-aways. To those of you with naturally straight hair, a thousand curses on you.

No comments: