Monday, March 9, 2009

A new era...


This weekend I refueled. On Friday, I went to Ocean Beach and watched some dried up Christmas trees burn into a pile of ash. I hope you can see in this picture exactly how big the fire was - that is one large tree! There was a homeless man who started talking to me about the government - and who knows what else. I wasn't sure what to do, so I pulled my phone out of my pocket and without the guy seeing, I sent a text to my friend Scott, who was standing next to me, to call me. He laughed and ran down towards the water to give me a call and get me away from the guy. Seriously - I AM a genius! haha

On Saturday I worked out for a few hours - part of which included doing Kenpo video which greatly reminded me of my old Tae-Bo days from Ricks College. I loved those videos - oh, good times. I also ran a few miles with Andrea and enjoyed the nice weather.

I ended my evening in Vallejo with my Grandma. At 95, she never ceases to amaze me. Apparently, I needed to get away for a night - I fell asleep at around 9:30pm and woke up at 10:30am. My grandma told me that she didn't want to go to church and share me with anyone else while I was there to visit her...so she didn't wake me up in time for church. Leave it to her, right?

Oh - and before I forget, Friday was kind of a big day for me. I found out that I earned my Certified Meeting Professional designation. I studied for a long time for that test and I took it way back in January, so I was glad to finally find out and be able to add those three letters to my name. Stephanie Zundel, CMP. No, it doesn't mean that I'm getting a raise, or a promotion, but it does mean that I will be more prepared in the future. Gotta love that.

3 comments:

Joy said...

I feel rejuvenated just reading this blog post! Good work! P.S. your blog heading "Stephanie" with the S.F. background makes me think of Full House, one of the greatest shows ever. haha I love it! :)

Autumn said...

Way to go on the CMP certification!

Debsie Doodle said...

Congrats on the certification!