Monday, March 23, 2009

The Old Adage Is True - Blondes Do Have More Fun

This weekend was full of...well, stuff. I was feeling sick most of last week so I stayed home on Friday and nursed myself back to health. It seemed to work, so I'm happy that I took the day off. By Friday night I was out with some girlfriends at the Brett Dennen concert at the Fillmore. The entertainment for the night was wacky and weird and mostly fun, so a good time was had by all. I always love going to shows at the Fillmore too - so much history there.

On Saturday I helped with a service project at church - we are making small dolls for the UCSF Children's hospital so that they can be used to teach children about the procedures that will be done to them. Really great project and we've been doing it for a few years. The night ended quite late with me being at the saddle rack getting a taste of my own medicine. (more on that later)

The last time I went dancing there, I decided that I needed to be blonde to go again. All the girls I went with were blonde and they were all asked to dance several times throughout the night and I was never asked. I don't write that to gripe and complain - it isn't like I wanted to dance with the creepy old men anyway; however, it is nice to be asked just the same. So - I've been blonde for a few months though and do you think it made a difference?

I had two men fighting over me all night. You tell me.

I'm just sayin.

1 comment:

Advizor54 said...

I have no idea what you meant when you said, "The night ended quite late with me being at the saddle rack getting a taste of my own medicine. (more on that later)" but I am completely intrigued.

Even though it came after a comment about a church service project (good for you), I'm having all sorts of non-church thoughts about what a "Saddle Rack" could be...

Hmmmmm.