Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One is silver and the other gold.

Last week, one of my roommates from my sophomore year in college emailed me saying that she was going to be in San Francisco the next day and wanted to meet for lunch. Um - twist my arm! Casey, the roommate, has such adorable kids. Her daughter thinks my name is Emma and of course Casey does nothing to discourage that - in fact, she does quite the opposite. Not sure where her daughter got Emma from, but if she likes me as Emma, I'll take it!

And then today, my best friend since preschool, Jason, sent me a text asking me to meet up with him after work for a quick dinner. I've known him my entire life and even though he lives less than an hour away, we've only seen each other three times in the four and a half years that I've lived here. Pretty pathetic. So great to see him and catch up. I have to say that there are few things in life that are more comforting to me than a hug from Jason.

And of course when I was in Utah last weekend I saw a few friends that are pretty important to me. Life is pretty good when your nephews and niece are your friends. Pretty good looking kids, aren't they?

And speaking of friends, my cute cousin Erica had a baby a few weeks ago and on Sunday, I went to the baby blessing with my parents. So happy for Erica & Brandon. Their baby is so cute!

There are more good times with friends to come this week that I will talk about later.
How did I get so lucky?

No comments: