Thursday, April 23, 2009

persistence overcomes resistance. or, lessons in dating by Zundel and friends.


This isn't turning into a dating blog, so don't get any ideas about the future posts. I'm just sayin'. I had a talk with some of my girlfriends tonight, and I thought that some of the things we talked about would be helpful for some of the single men out there who read this silly thing. Bullet points seem to be effective in making good points.
  • I have a foolproof method for any guy who wants to get the girl of their dreams. This method is a simple formula containing three things, which are: Make a girl feel beautiful, tell her (and show her) that you love her, and be PERSISTANT. Persistence is the key. This doesn't mean that you need to be a stalker, but a man with some confidence is more attractive to a girl than a lot of things. If a girl you like turns you down, ask her out again. If this doesn't work, follow steps one through three repeatedly.
  • Girls will talk about you no matter what you do. If you date someone and it goes well, they will talk about it. If you date someone and it doesn't go well, they will talk about it. If you don't date at all, they will talk about it. My point is that if you are avoiding dating because you think people are talking, you are making excuses and you should stop caring so much about yourself and what other people are saying about you.
  • I think that according to the Zundel statistical analysis of 2009, I think that 100% of the women I know would be willing to date about 90% of the eligible men they know. On the opposite side of this, I think that 100% of the men are only willing to date about 10% of the women they know. At least this is the case in the Mormon world. What is wrong with this picture?
Believe it or not, this is the truth. Just ask my old roommate. My boyfriend was persistent with her, and they got married. See? It works.

10 comments:

Leesa said...

I would concur with your points. I wrote something about finding a husband (that I will post later today). Is relationship thoughts in the air? Must be spring.

Beverly B. said...

I see the games are still the same.

heidikins said...

Oh Snap!

That's awesome.

xox

Alyssa said...

Amen, amen, amen. My boyfriend did all three and I'm hooked!

Uzi said...

BAAA HA HAAAAA! Oh my gosh, I had to read your last line just to see if I read it correctly! LOVE IT and yes, it's so true!. All a girl wants is a guy who is confident and persistant. After the 3rd try, the girl either gets it or the guy does....if you know what I mean!
Amen Sister Zundel, AMENT!

Jill said...

I would probably only date like 1 percent of the guys I know. Not because I think I'm hot, I just think that they are boring

Hawkeye said...

Paaaaaah! Who is that dude with his eyes blacked-out?!

'nade.

jackie herself said...

stephanie...i stalk your blog. don't be creeped out, you just make me laugh. ps about 2 months ago i stated the SAME idea listed in point 3 with a guy in your ward. he did not agree. at first.

Debsie Doodle said...

:)
You make me laugh!

cropstar said...

oh you're so right about the 90/10 stat. seriously what is wrong with mormon guys?