Monday, June 15, 2009

My Life Would Suck Without You - Part 1

Ok so I hope no one thought I was having a personal crisis or anything the other day with my semi-cryptic message. Just a little (haha) stressed out with work. I'm fine though - or at least I will be in the near future, and I think it will help my stress levels if I tell you about my awesome vacation that happened a few weeks ago.

I started off my travels in the Outer Banks, as I do most years over Memorial Day. This year I was really looking forward to spending quality time with good people - and when it comes to my friends, let's be honest; I was also looking forward to the food. Scott made some type of sauce for the corn on the cob. I think the main ingredients were mayonaise and parmesan cheese. Yep, seems right up my alley. And also - the caption to this photo is "Get that corn outta my face!"

And in no particular fun-ness order, we played pool Pit/spoons. If you don't know how to play Pit, click here. Rules for a slight variation on spoons are here. Our variation is that we put the spoons in the pool and then play Pit. Once someone has Pit, you have to go get a spoon. If you don't get one, you are out.

Playing Pit with wet cards gets a little tricky -

And they're off.

And here is more of me than I thought I'd ever post on my blog. I had some pretty awesome tan lines going on on my back, didn't I? My favorite part is the hand. Who hugged me with sunscreen on???!!

The last night that I was there, we went to a karaoke bar. Apparently Scott and I can't live if living is without you.

Scott, Me, Mauri, Brandon.

And I guess with pictures like the one below is how Duck Beach gets a bad reputation. Alicia, Steph, and I were having 'pillow talk' before bed and before we knew it, bam - 10 other people were on the bed with us. Can you even see my face? Kind of hard to make out, isn't it?

And these people - I love them. Too much to talk about in detail. The title of this post and my new favorite Kelly Clarkson song is dedicated to all of you.

And now, I will picture myself on the beach, holding hands with my dear friends before I go to bed. I had forgotten until I arrived there this year just how much I love being there. The scenery, the ocean, the laughs, the cheerwine. Ahh, bliss.

Until next year, my beloved Duck Beach.

1 comment:

heidikins said...

I think I may have read this wrong...

"There's so many people on the bed...can you even see my face? It's kind of hard to make out"....

At any rate, make-outs or no, I'm glad you had a blast!

xox