Tuesday, June 23, 2009

oh yeah. the blog.

Ahem. Just a second ago, I caught a bug in my bare hands. Have you ever done that? Caught a bug in your bare hands? Do you run to the door or window and let it out or hold it for a second and then decide that you don't know what to do with it and then let it go? I let it go. And then caught it again a few minutes later and killed it. Do you think PETA will be mad?

I have been a little busy with - you know - life. Work has taken a larger-than-usual chunk out of my daily life these days and to be honest, the blog has been the last thing on my mind. Well, that. And laundry. And maybe vacuuming. I don't want to complain about work on my blog because this is supposed to be a refuge from all of that and I don't really want to bore you more than I already have.

Let's talk about some of the other things I've been doing.

Lately I've been watching a lot of movies in my spare time. One of my favorite things to do these days is unwind with myself after a long day at work. Just in the past few weeks, I've watched:
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic
  • The Proposal
  • UP!
  • Last Chance Harvey
  • Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist
  • Kiss Me Kate
  • Annie Get Your Gun
  • Calamity Jane
  • What's Up Doc
  • Serendipity
I went hiking with some friends a few weeks ago, which was great fun. We went to University Falls, north of Placerville. I love that place. I want to go again soon. The four of us girls had a rockin' dance party for over three hours in the car on the way home. We should hire ourselves out for road trips. Maybe you should tell me that you want to come to University Falls the next time I go and then I will invite you. Ok, I am glad that is settled.

Let's see - what else?

I bought a hammock on Saturday at my favorite store - Target. It cost me $25 and I used some rope that has been sitting in my car for three years to tie it up on my porch. Can we talk about how I am in love with my hammock instead of why something was in my trunk for three years? I daydream about the hammock when I am at work and then get sad that I usually get home too late to really enjoy it. It folds you in like a taco. Perhaps the hammock shall be named The Taco. I would recommend that each of you buys a hammock. I think we'd have a lot more happy people in the world if everyone had one in their room instead of a bed.

I start training in a few weeks for another race. If I thought I had no time now, I may have been kidding myself. Isn't it funny how that works with life? You think you have no time and then you decide to train for a marathon. Oh don't sit there and pretend like you've never trained for a marathon before.

life is too short to not do things like run marathons.

1 comment:

Bud & Kim said...

Love all the Spain pictures. I want to go!