Thursday, December 31, 2009

Before we get to resolutions...

I've been out and about while I've been home the past week here in Utah. In fact, I've been spending time with some people that I haven't spent time with in at least 5 years. I didn't really plan on it before I got home, but the opportunities have just kind of fallen in my lap.

In some ways, I've been reminded of a person that I used to be and I'm having a hard time deciding if I like that person better or worse than the person I am now. I don't want to say that I'm a worse person now, but I think that I was at a different place in my life 8 years ago. Even 5 years ago I was pretty different. I think that of course in some ways I was much better and in others, I was just less mature.

Obviously this is all useless drivel. But I just wanted to say that these random people that I've met up with have all told me that they love me. And not in a weird way; just in a sincere "I really still care about you" way. I guess it shouldn't surprise me; but it has. Sometimes it is easier to move on with your life when you really start to believe that people from your past don't love you anymore.

I'm slowly learning that moving on doesn't necessarily mean letting go of love. I sometimes wish that it meant that love lets go of you.

1 comment: