Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Friends, Friends, New York,, and Friends.

Last weekend I went to New York. The trip was so short, in fact, that I still am having a hard time believing that I was really there. Was that just a dream? Well, dream or not, it was quite the adventure and I'm so glad I went.

Unfortunately, I didn't take any photos while I was there. Well, that is a lie. I took 2.

One of Melissa trying on a bird cage veil...

And one of me trying the same thing on 2 seconds later.


This was of course right after leaving the Radio City Music Hall's Christmas Spectacular with the Rockettes. Lucky for you, the things we did in New York are easy to swipe photos of off the internet. I went a few years ago to see the Rockettes and I loved it just as much this time around. The show was slightly different, but I still cried out of sheer happiness that I was there. And it was great going with Melissa.

I love their Twelve Days of Christmas routine so much, that here it is, folks.



The rest of the day was spent in the rain and snow going to a Martha Stewart Craft Fair (which was NOT that great to be honest), eating in Hells Kitchen with some good friends, and then going to Brooklyn to celebrate my dear friend's 30th birthday with some other good friends. And even though I've had this photo on my blog before and it was not taken this weekend, you will have to be flexible. Scott doesn't really read my blog, but in case he does, Happy Belated Birthday to someone who deserves the best. I love you mucho.


There were some snafus on the subway on Sunday evening involving a rat which ended up in me missing my flight despite all the nice people who let me cut in line at security. So I left the airport quite defeated and stayed another night in New York at my friend Steph's house. And to give her the proper credit that she deserves for being so nice to a vagrant and since it is cold outside and I since I need something to warm my cold, cold heart and since we're being flexible here...I present to you a photo of Steph B and Steph Z at Duck Beach this last year.

Due to recent events, I'm trying to fill my weekends up as much as possible with people who I know just love me. This last weekend was PERFECT for that and for that, I am extremely grateful.

1 comment:

Debsie Doodle said...

So when are you coming to visit the ever so exciting town of Sunnyvale again?!