Monday, March 22, 2010

Glad to be a spectator.

A quick trip to LA was on the calendar for this last weekend to support Rachael as she ran her 9th marathon. The race was from Dodgers Stadium all the way down to the Santa Monica Pier. So to Dodgers Stadium we went on a hot, Saturday afternoon in March to get her race bib, etc.


And maybe Rachael tried on some of her racing outfit for us on Saturday afternoon. Lookin' good, Rachael.

On Sunday morning, a friend and I went to go find Rachael mid-race. Here I am on Sunset Boulevard, waiting.

And then we found her. And since I didn't want to slow her down too much, I ran with her for about 50 yards to check on her and see how she was doing. The below photo says more than I could.


All in all, it was a great weekend. There were some good times and some good people.

Dear Rachael, I hope you are able to walk again soon.
Dear Zach & Mike, thanks for hosting.
Dear Cafe Rio, thanks for opening up a So. Cal. location so that I could eat you.
Dear Cadburry Creme Egg, thanks for being so delicious.

Love,
Steph

1 comment:

RC said...

Thanks for the support! Not walking has its perks though. You really can't stay at work all day when you can barely walk.