Friday, June 18, 2010

Vague Analogy

I remember a few years ago when I was dating a guy and we decided to date other people(still including each other). I think it was my decision, but we both went back and forth in who was feeling more "meh" about our relationship than the other. Anyway - this particular summer, we were dating other people which pretty much amounted to either one of us being set up on dates and going to them grudgingly even though we pretty much only wanted to be with the other.

I know this sounds weird - it is about to get weirder.

One evening in particular, we had spent the entire day together and he had to leave to go pick up a girl for a date. So I kissed him goodbye and sent him on his way. Apparently I was super confident that he liked me and was OK with this.

I've been thinking a lot about this situation lately.

And there's a vague analogy to my life for your Friday.

No comments: