Friday, July 16, 2010

This is when companionship inventory would be helpful.

Last night I was home by myself. I decided that running was out of the question and could wait until Saturday, and that the laundry needed to be folded instead. After a general house pick-up, I ended up sitting on my back porch with my laptop, deep into my family history project when I heard my roommate walk into my bedroom. She introduced me to her friend who I recognized from church. I don't think we'd ever met, but I've been around for 6 years and had seen her many times before. I said something like "Oh yeah we've run that race in the Presidio together before. You have a few kids, right?" She seemed quite amazed that I knew who she was and acted like she had never seen me before. If you know me, you won't be shocked by this since I seem to remember faces and names better than most. Then she looked at me and said in the most nonjudgmental way, "Are you autistic?"

It may be time to re-asses how I interact with others.

3 comments:

Bud & Kim said...

Are you serious? I so amazed by what people will say sometimes.

Uzi said...

HAAA HA HAAAA HA HA HA HAAAAAAA!!!

oh and.................BAHAHAHAHA, that is seriously hilarious!

Aaron and Jacque said...

You never answered the question... are you just gonna keep us waiting??