Monday, November 8, 2010

Grateful for November

One of the most distinct impressions I had when deciding to move to New York was that it might not be easy, but that if I wanted to do it, I could. This last week had its ups and downs and I was gently reminded of the impression I had about my move. From a tiring event that I was in charge of on Monday and Tuesday, to being ill, to getting a rude email from someone I've never met, to having a wonderful friend visit for the weekend and treat me like gold, I had the full gamut of emotion.

So for a moment, I'd like to tell you about some of the things that I am really grateful for today.

1. Fall. I absolutely am loving Autumn in New York. It is cold but not unbearable and the smell of the leaves is wonderful. I just love it.



2. Traci. It is wonderful to be around a friend who is just so full of love. I am lucky to know her - seriously.


3. Rich being in town last weekend was so great. Not only is he the best weekend boyfriend ever, but he treated me like gold the entire time. I'm pretty sure that he had no idea how much I needed that.



4. My activities cochair. Our other cochair is missing from this photo, but Rustin in particular has been so wonderful to me.


5. My roommate is great - easy to live with, nice, funny, beautiful, etc. Many thanks to Jill for connecting us and to both of them for being my friend.



6. Work has kept me so busy - the nightly activities have worn me out. I went to the premiere of Driving Miss Daisy with my boss a few weeks ago and it was fun to be at such a fancy party and be rubbing elbows with celebs like Brooke Shields and Glenn Close. Seriously. And not only is the job great because of the night events, but I really am enjoying what I do. Today I spent a long time in the car with my other boss and just getting to know him was great.



Happy November, everybody.

1 comment:

heidikins said...

Keep your chin up, chica!

xox