Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Greetings

So I am in the UK this week. For work.

All I've really done so far is work and sleep. I closed my eyes last night at 6pm and was awake from about 1am until 5am when I fell back asleep until almost 8am. I'm fairly sure my alarm went off at 7, but we won't focus on that, will we.

I think I've been doing a good job at being British so far this week. I've walked to the right passenger side of the car 3 times in a row, and used the following words correctly in a sentence as if I'm a local: rubbish bin, car park, loo, petrol station, and tonight at dinner I will make sure to say serviette instead of napkin. Even when I studied abroad here, I wasn't around that many locals except my teachers, so I didn't ever really pick up the local phrases and words. Working with the British is another ballgame. I think in an accent already and if I stayed here a few more weeks, I'm sure I'd be speaking with one.

And for the record, I have been taking photos to put up for my photo of the day, but I can't transfer them to my email since my iPhone has decided to not roam (even after I told it to). If you are lucky, I will remember to take the photos on my BlackBerry.

As a treat, here is a photo that I just took of my lovely frizzy hair - thank you, fog.

1 comment:

Bud & Kim said...

For the record your hair looks good. ;-)