Friday, March 25, 2011

friends

Last night I went to dinner with someone I've known since roughly the fifth grade. She was one of my best friends all through high school and I probably had more classes with her than anyone else in the history of my education with the exception of Matt Dickamore. I could tell you stories about the time that we sang opera in math class with our teacher Mrs. Fritch or how we had this zany chemistry teacher who was mistaken daily for a student. Courtney is married now and other than meeting up for dinner last summer, I haven't really talked to her since high school. I was amazed at how easily we just picked right back up where we left off. It makes me feel good to know that if I met her today, we'd be friends all over again.

It is easy to look back and think that we made strange decisions when we were in high school, but sometimes I think that the friends I had then (and have now) are really the best around.

Have a great weekend! I am off to DC for this.

No comments: